Your PLU ePass password provides you access to computers on the PLU domain as well as a variety of web resources including Gmail, the Sakai Learning Management System, Google Apps for Education, and library resources. Beginning on June 8, I&TS will begin enforcing ePass password expiration rules for PLU ePass accounts. If your password is set to expire, you will receive a series of email notifications to inform you of the need to change your password. These emails will provide a buffer so you can change your password at a time that is convenient for you. However, once your password expires, you will need to change your password at https://epass.plu.edu before you can log in to any other PLU resources.
Strengthen Your Password
To protect your personal information and privacy, it is important that you have a strong password. Changing your password is an opportunity to rethink how you might choose one that is more secure and easier to remember than those you have created in the past.
Visit the Change Your ePass Password page to change your password.
Strategies for Increasing Password Strength
The stronger your password, the longer you can keep it without it expiring. Below are some strategies for increasing your password strength. You’ll get interactive feedback as you update your password.
- Longer passwords are more secure because it takes hackers longer to crack them when employing a brute force method. Consider using a password phrase with 16 to 24 characters.
- Increase the number of alternatives for each character by using a mix of uppercase, lowercase, numbers, and symbols.
- Computers are great at trying patterns to guess a password. Avoid using:
- your ePass username, PLU ID, first & last name, email, and email alias
- dictionary words
- keyboard spatial patterns like: qwerty, asdf, or zxcvbn
- repeating characters like: aaaaaaa or 1111111
- sequences like: abcdef, 654321, years, dates, or zip codes
More Information and Help
For more information on changing your PLU ePass password, visit the ePass Accounts web page and the PLU ePass Password Requirements Quick Guide.
For assistance with changing your PLU ePass password, contact the PLU Help Desk at 253-535-7525 or firstname.lastname@example.org.